Wednesday, June 27, 2007

firefox 2+ "stupid me"

I downloaded Firefox fox Linux and had some trouble installing it. ------------------------------------------------ I had to find the right version of pango for linux woody/oldstable. from debians wed site. and i allso needed all of the dependencies once i had all the the dependencies inthe same download directory i installed them with DPKG. from terminal: " sudo dpkg -i *.deb " ------------------------------------------------ dpkg spit out some errors but everything worked so so what. Firefox works again and so dose Iceweasel. Before i was usen some old crappy version of firefox the did not won't to work with linux flash9. so i was still using flash7 for linux. but i had flash9 working with iceweasel until synaptic screwed up my system. i hate synaptic it's apiece of crap. Synaptic allways screws up my system . I will keep using DPKG instead. -------------------------------------------------- Any way everything is working again the way they should thanks to the terminal and DPKG. I burned a back up copy of the programs and dependencies so next time some scews up it will be a quick fix. My computer is a slow as toaster but everything is working. until i screw something else up. -------------------------------------------------- ANTHONY-blog.

No comments: