Friday, January 4, 2008

rip DVD's with mENCODER (LOW REZ DivX setting)

LOw REZ DivX setting -- with mencoder ************************************* The slow computer * EDITION. ************************************* 1). For ripping DVD movies on a slow pc. I rip the video to a low rez generic mpeg4 using mENCODER.
2). I use mENCODER on my linux box. 3). I do a low rez single pass on the DVD with mENCODER. I'm just going to use the low rez DivX outpute video as a low rez screener for my TV ... So i can pute the DVD away. 4). A HI REZ copy takes two passes to encode to mpeg4 and it's slow. I can make complete DVD copy in the same amount of time on my windows box. 5). I'm not trying to backup the FULL DVD... i can do that on my windows XP box with ripit4me if i would like a fULL DVD BACKUP. 6). So lets try mENCODER to get a generic DivX - mpeg4 AVI video file that will play back on my set top box dvd/divx certified player.
##------------ < setting NFO >------------- VIDEO : 480x240 VIDEO BITRATE : vbr max 720kbs VIDEO CODEC : generic mpeg4 divx DX50 AUDIO : mp3 AUDIE bitrate : 96kb very very low rez... "-vf scale=480:240,harddup " setting is used on my slow pc. ******************************************************** CODE: mencoder -sws 1 -ofps 23.976 -ffourcc DX50 -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=96:vol=0 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vrc_buf_size=4096:vrc_minrate=512:vbitrate=592:cmp=2:vrc_maxrate=720 -vf scale=480:240,harddup -alang C -dvd-device /dev/cdrom dvd:// -chapter1 -o movie-DivX-dx50_7-7.avi

No comments: