Tuesday, March 23, 2010

easyconverter zenity pluss ffmpeg revised for my setup

easyconverter uses zenity as a front end for ffmpeg to transcode audio file file. used it for converting mp3 files to ogg. BUT i had to chang the file a litle to get better audio quality. NOTE one of the changes i made was "-aq 100" and few other UGLY hacks and small work-arounds. -------------------------------------------
" ./easyconverter.sh " almost worked for me but i did have to coment out a few line and edit some other lines to get it to work for me. " Changes for my setup." for i in *.$vanform; do ffmpeg -i $i -acodec "$formaat" -aq 100 "${i%.mp3}*new-out-file-foo.ogg" 2>&1 | zenity --progress --text="Converting: $i" --title="$titel" --auto-close --pulsate echo $i gedaan done i all so commented out# the confirm #mapcheck= directory section because it was not working for me.
also note that it did not work for me on FILES with blank spaces like so ( 01 track mystify.mp3) so i had to rename my files first to something like ( 01_track_mystify.mp3). It took some short work to debug easyconverter.sh to get things to work for my setup (vector-linux6 lite). ================= (EasyConverter) home page. links: http://raymii.org/cms/index.php?title=EasyConverter_v0.3a ================= (ffmpeg) scripts: links: http://www.mygnulinux.com/?p=56

No comments: