Thursday, May 21, 2009

D-Link DPH-50U Skype USB Phone Adapter | that SUCKS

it allmost worked. my slow 500mhz xp computer was to slow to use the D-Link DPH-50U Skype USB Phone Adapter. it sucked. my computer was just to slow to run skype4 and the D-Link DPH-50U Skype USB Phone Adapter. my pc kept maxing out at 100% and then it would drop the phone call without warning. there is no work around for a slow pc. so i stuck the adapter back in the box unistalled the driver and uninstalled skype4. " i will not try to use the stupid D-link DPH-50U on my slow 500mhz pc again." "i would rather use skype3 desktop software and my sound card." " the d-link phone thingy was a good novel idea that FAILED me." "my sound card and a 3.5mm headset and mic have never failed me yet. so i'm going back to keaping it simple." ------------------------------------------------ I went back to a good old copy of skype3 that i had backed up my other partition. i don't like skype4 for it's to busy and slow on my old pc. but skype3 works ok on my pc (no video for me) useing just SOUND it maxxes out my pc at 60% when making skype ot calls. but try to do video it crashes my xp box. "but my slightly faster debian5 pc 800mz can do video." video-calls are cool but kind of creapy. ______________________________ the bottom line is if your going to do skypeout with the Skype D-Link DPH-50U Skype USB Phone Adapter , make shure you pc is fast enough to use the crapy drivers FOR the d-link device. * down load the latest drivers from d-link... * if your pc can't do skype4 video then it's probaly to slow to use the d-link phone Adapter. (stupid faux sound device vitalization? ) ha what is that? the d-link phone Adapter dose soft ware based sound vitalization for skype that uses up to much pc cycles and it will... ( crash and freeze up ) and then drop calls. if you pc is to slow.... to bad the d-link phone Adapter dose not have it's on sound chip and processor to take the load OFF of the pc , vitalization allways fails on a slow pc. _-_ i wasted $20 at newegg on the D-Link DPH-50U Skype USB Phone Adapter that sucks . I should of just gotten a go 3.5mm headset with a mic instead.

2 comments:

tigerpilot said...

I have spent 6 hours on the phone with d link tech support trying to get the call forwarding feature to work. They have NO idea of what is going on. Maybe they are smart enough in India no to use these things.

Anthony_-_GoveRnator_-_bacon said...

update....
(June / 14 /2010)

My 20$ new egg "D-Link DPH-50U Skype USB Phone Adapter" sits in a box unused for over a year.
piece of junk. I would of gotten better use out of a prepaid cell phone. fds