Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday - Free advice - say no to Phillips dvp642

"Some advice, just a couple of random ideas and advise." Mondays blog - Don't buy the Phillips dvp640 DVD player it will play divx , xvid , div3 and other avi files but it will break on you in 6 month or 12 month. " do a google search on Phillips dvp 640 you will see what's what." Someone I know had one and it broke after 11 month. - I also have the ( Phillips dvp640 ) model. I'm going on over 6 month of light or almost no use of my DVD player and it still works for now. But I did stop using my DVD player for divx and other AVI files. I bought a Nvidia graphics card for my Linux box and I watch most of my video files on my pc now. So if my dvd player is going to bust I can still play avi videos on my pc - Phillips should recall their defective product or send out rebates for a new better made DVD/DIVX player. - So if you plan on buying a divx/dvd player for your TV be warned Phillips is not known for their reliability. - Free Advice - "Shop for a different brand." Free Tips - " Try a graphics card for your PC that has TV out." Free Reviews - " Do a google search and find out what others think of the product." Free Info - " Be informed before buying."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had the DVP640 for a year now and it has worked fine for all my burned avi, divx, even some mpegs. FYI.