Thursday, April 5, 2007

Shrinkto5 ? gone.

Wardcraft: Shrinkto5 ? were did shrinkto5basic go? - www.shrinkto5.com no longer has shrinkto5 on their site. some one asked me how to rip DVD's and I told them to google shrinkto5.exe. But it looks like the group that made shrinkto5 "sold out" and made a run for the money like the guy who made "dvdshrink.exe" - I had a copy of the file on my computer and so I tried to email it but yahoo rejected the file. I think because it was a "*.exe" file. so I used tar to make a compressed archived file and yahoo rejected that file to. So instead i uploaded the file to rappidshare and emailed the link to my friend. I told them they would have to extract the file with a program "Winrar". I don't think they downloaded the file because they didn't call me back are email me and say thanks. windows users if it's not easy they give up to fast. - I use linux for surfing the internet ,but I allso Keep a windows computer around for DVD backups and cheap printers that need windows drivers. i liked dvdto5basic but it failed to back up "ROCKY " and a few other sony DVD's so I used "RIPit4me" on Rocky. RIPit4me : uses dvddecrypter and dvdshrink. first it makes a playlist for dvddecrypter then it runs dvdshrink. after that I use nero oem to burn a dvd. the nero oem came from the dvd burner i got form walmart. - I tried some free no name burning soft ware once but my computer chrashed when i used it so i delleted it. For windows computer I like Nero. - And for linux computer K3B. K3B for music cd's and DVD movies . K3B is easy to setup and use. But for data cd's and avi files i like "CDW". - CDW: is small linux cd burning front end GUI for command line burners. I use cdw because it opens fast. CDW is a little difficult to set up at first.It not instinctive like K3B and other burners, but if you dig into google, it should start to make sence. I'm to lazy to burn from command line so i like some sort of GUI. - I also liked to use use CDW or cammand line " bash" for blanking cdrw's K3B sucks at blanking cdrw's rewritable disks. so i had to use CDW or command line. - The next time I rip a DVD I hope it's not another sony dvd and i hope they don't keep using lame encryption tactics to fool ripping programs. - "COPYRIGHTS ?" I don't care if you own it back it up. Back it up.

No comments: