Thursday, April 19, 2007

YOUTUBE is-broken




YOUTUBE is-broken.
crushed under it's own bloated weight.
-
Youtube is badly out of sync
If you use youtube a lot to upload videos and add to
favorites they take forever to update and sync together.

-
Web 2.0 does not scale well.
-
If youtube can fix them self up i would use it more often.
But I don't like waiting six hours for them to proces the video.
And waiting a couple more hours up to a day for them to sync the user page just feel
lame.
-
PREDICTION TIME:
# prediction google will screw up youtube completely.#
-
DMCA copy rights: it's no fun when the music videos you upload get deleated.

Why is there not a list of music video you can't upload ?
Like a "black list".A list of Known music video and such that have been ordered removed.
PROVIDE a data base user can check before uploading.

Why do some of my music videos get deleated but not the others when I know their all copyrighted by some corporate /
record company/publisher / artist? And why do companies dislike free advertising for their product fucking uptight assholes.

Does youtube use a human interface to delete videos are is it some kind of bot that just randomly monitors and deletes videos ?
--------------------------------------------------
A work in progress their's to many issues to site.

I feel like i'm playing roulette
when I uplaod videos to youtube .
I never know what the final video will look like after they unleash their trained monkey on my video.

Youtube found their flash video coder in a cracker jack box.
---------------------------------------------------
I still dowload video and save them to cd after I transcode them to XVID or vcd.
But if youtube is going to become a web 2.0 bloated monster
I'm not going to upload videos.
-
And youtube favorite list - it just updates to slow I end up using
my bookmarks they work so much better.
-
Youtube has to many features they don't know how to manage them all.
some times less is more maybe they should build a youtube-light that has less social feature
and better video modes.
-
For me it's about the video not the social stuff.
combinding the video streeming with the social aspect
is a web 2.0 nightmare when the scale of the site grows to big.
EVERY THING gets S L O W.
-----------------------------------------
YOUTUBE is-broken :
and so is google video.
WTF is google doing.
Fix the damn thing all ready spend some of that billions
and hire better programers that can fix it not make things worse.
Don't over scale.
Trim back if you have to.

No comments: