Saturday, July 26, 2008

changes to my .gtkrc file settings

Setting .gtkrc fonts // edit with nano or gedit.
# include "/usr/share/themes/Default/gtk/gtkrc"
style "default"
{
font = "-*-lucida-bold-r-*-*-18-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
}

class "*" style "default"
style  "-*-lucida-bold-r-*-*-18-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
{
}

//----------------- and changes to my .gtkrc-2.0 file setting below ----------------// style "default" { font_name = "Sans Serif 15" } class "*" style "default" gtk-font-name = "Sans Serif 15" ############# # ( ok ) the above works with gimp2.0 # ( ok ) firefox2 looks ok. gtk1 and gtk2 settings are unique. I use icewm for my desktop. I'm not a big fan of desktop environments like KDE and GNOME. I spent all day googleing gtk fonts size before findind a couple of forums that pointed me in right direction to ajust my gtk1 and gtk2 fonts because my fonts on aps like firefox2 looked to small when my display was set to 1024x768. When my desktop 800x600 the font size looked normal size but the 800x600 display was killing my eyes. so i had to make the change to 1024x768 to kepp my eyes from falling out of my head. now if only i can fix my QT aps because they still have small fonts. i have QT3 on my system so far i have only found tips for QT4 aps damn google has failed me . ( -QT4) search still fails me. ############ //---------------- Now i have to fix my custom icewm theme to display larger menu fonts. ---------------------// /usr/share/icewm/themes/my-(XP-new)-rollup-AxA-BIG-FONTS/default.theme ( default.theme.BAK ) (( my old font setting for icewm menu )) # Menu font MenuFontName= "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal-*-*-100-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1" #---------------------- # new settings #----------------------- ( my new menu font theme ) # Menu font MenuFontName="-*-sans-medium-r-normal-*-*-100-*-*-p-*--*-*" MenuFontNameXft="sans:size=24:medium" //----------------- cool now I have real big menu fonts and my eyes wont fall out of my head now. I don't have to strain my eyes any more trying to read small menu fonts any more. ------------------// I still need to fix my QT fonts . maybe net time i will figure that one out if google doesn't fail me.

No comments: