Tuesday, February 27, 2007

[27] FFMPEG : dvp640 mpeg1 vcd.



Jessica Simpson. Sweetest Sin. live at Miss teen U.S.A @youtube
WARDCRAFT:
I down loaded some video from youtube then converted them to
avi and tried to watch them on my tv set.
'but they would not play on the Phillips dvp640'.

The FLV files from youtube would not convert into an
AVI file that was readable on the dvp640.
THE AVI files did work on my computer just fine.

WORK AROUND:

FLV to MPEG1 / then MPEG1 to AVI.
by converting the youtube FLV file to MPEG1 first
I was able to get the files to play on my divx/dvd player.

FFMPEG NOTES:
# first convert the FLV video to mpeg1 ntsc.
# make the first pass 1

$ ffmpeg -i youtubevideo9mb.flv -target ntsc-vcd -pass 1 new-video-pass1-30mb.mpg

# then run the second pass 2

$ ffmpeg -i youtubevideo9mb.flv -target ntsc-vcd -pass 2 new-video-pass2-30mb.mpg
------------------------
------------------------
Most divx/dvd players can read a mpeg1 file.
NOTE: you can now rip the ntsc-vcd into a divx/avi file
and the divx/avi file will now
work on the 'Pillips dvp640 divx/dvd player'.

WARDCRAFT:
I don't now why the FLV video files nead to be converted to
a ntsc-vcd mpeg first before I rip them for my TV.
AFTER I rip the file I then transcode them into div3/msmpeg4/AVI
to save them onto CD.I like having a small div3/AVI video that
will play on just about any computer.

I have not uploaded any more videos to youtube in a while.
Youtube feels a little slow. It's to bad that youtube does not let you download AVI files.Some of the FLV file I find on youtube are real
real real low quality.
I nead to find a better file dump thats fast
and lets people 'upload and download' Higher quality vids.
#thx for sharing videos on youtube.

No comments: