Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Magnavox MWD7006 (dvd player) tech review

" It's OK" I bought the Magnavox mwd7006 divx dvd player over a month a go as a gift (back in December of 2006). COST: $37.73 at walmart. - NOTES: I bought the Magnavox DVD player / divx player and gave it a test. - PROS : 1. Yes it will play DIVX video and XVID videos plus my fav "DIV3 msmpeg4 .avi". I like anime videos in DIV3 small files low bit rate butI like my TV and movies in DIVX or XVID. 2. The on screen menu - disk browser will display long file names of AVI files. 3. The remote is basic and better than my crappy Phillips dvp640. 4. THE video scaled OK on this unit but 320x240 videos start of small and you need to use the zoom button on your remote to get full screen. once full screen the video looked ok. -------------------------------------- CONS : I could not gate this unit to play my VCD's 1. MY VCD's did not have a menu so the play chokes on the disk and never played any video. The same VCD's from my collection worke greate on three other dvd players in the house. 2. This player just did not like any of my vcd's but that's not all. The player did not play msmpeg4v2 video either. MY crapy Phillips dvp640 played msmpeg4v2 video but the Magnavox MWD7006 did not. 3. The player physically fills very light and cheap. THE box displays the unit weight @ 2.9 lbs. (1.3kg) the unit is all plastic ------------------------------------- torrent info : HOW ABOUT video downloaded from torrents? Yes I gave a few torrents files a try from goups like (VTV) (xvid-notv) (eztv) (XOR). - THE player takes a few seconds longer than I like for it to load up the video but once they start to play the video looks good. - FINAL NOTES : if this player craps out and dies like my BRO'S Phillips dvp640 I will gave up a WARNING cry not to buy it.

No comments: